Monday, July 28, 2014

Awkward 24th

As I've become more familiar with my neighborhood I've become more comfortable running in the mornings (not without a quick text to my mom or someone who'd miss me, telling them the direction I'm headed and time I'll be back!) But I headed out last Thursday morning with the usual mass of bikers and suddenly realized there were an usual amount of joggers and they were heading the opposite way...and wearing yellow number bibs.  I was so confused until I saw the water station and the sign posted marking Mile 17 : I had inadvertently ended up running the wrong direction on the Pioneer Day Marathon course, OOPS!  I felt a little awkward, but I kept my head up and finished my run-with the added encouragement of a little old man in a wheelchair on the side of the street :)

No comments:

Post a Comment