Friday, August 22, 2014

CSI: NY

Welp, I finally did it! No it's not something to really brag about, it's not nearly as exciting as seeing Paul from the second row and I should probably be more embarrassed by it, but I'm not. I watched all 9 seasons of CSI: NY.  Before you go thinking I'm the laziest person you've ever heard of, understand that it took me a few months to finish all 9 seasons, I didn't just sit down for weeks straight and do nothing else!  First off, let me tell you I have an unhealthy relationship with TV.  Not in the sit-in-front-of-the-tv-eating-and-gain-30-pounds kind of way, mine is very different.  I developed my unhealthy relationship a few years back when I was living mostly by myself.  I was working full-time and doing school full-time at night, so you wouldn't think that coming home and being by myself would be that big of deal.  But it was, for me.  On Saturdays when I would be home alone I would turn on the TV (it didn't matter what show) so that I would feel like other people were around, which slowly turned into leaving the TV on at night while I fell asleep-again so I didn't feel like I was isolated. It has taken me YEARS to break that habit (and Tyler is very happy I did).  Being a housewife, for the time being, I have fallen into having the TV on during the day to keep me company again: while cleaning, working out, cooking, while working on projects. I never simply watch TV, I always have to be doing something in addition; I cannot even tell you the amount of headbands I've made, patterns I've started writing, journal entries I've made etc with the TV for company.  Sometimes I don't care what's on, but I am getting more picky.  Also, I absolutely love cop shows. I've watched so many that they have become predictable, some with redeeming qualities to actually make me like them, some merely entertaining for how bad they are.  CSI: NY is definitely my favorite cop show-pretty much of all time.  When it came out I wasn't really into watching TV all that much, I didn't follow shows regularly and I didn't even really have a clue what was on.  Thanks to the wonder of Netflix however, I now have access to pretty much any show I want to watch.
Let me tell you a couple things about CSI: NY and why it's my favorite show.  First of all, Mac. (Gary Sinise)  The show would absolutely fall apart without him. He's the dry wit, delivers some of the best/worst one-liners, keeps everyone in line and is the driving force behind the whole show.  My next favorite is the couple Danny and Lindsay Messer. They are one of my all-time favorite TV couples.  They work together, have the funniest little moments in the lab, talk to each other in the cutest ways, have some of the best sarcasm ever written.  And of course, Don Flack played by the very handsome Eddie Cahill-whom I've loved ever since his role as Tag, Rachel's very attractive assistant, on FRIENDS.  Let me tell you, he's just as attractive as ever and has a great role.  One major reason I love CSI:NY is because of the stories as well.  Again, they get predictable and a little repetitive after a while, but this show kept things changing all the time.  There were some seriously freaky ones that I then had to watch FRIENDS or Psych or something lighthearted after to get my mind off of it.  After finishing my now beloved show, I tried to watch CSI:MIAMI but I think it's too soon.  Don't get me wrong, I have a love for the Miami version but it is very different from NY.  Someday I'm sure I'll get around to it. I mean, who can resist Horatio and his absolutely terrible/dramatic one-liners?

No comments:

Post a Comment